Flags are one of the most important objects for any country to bring its people together since they are symbols of national history, rulers, and even freedom fighters all together. We have already covered different countries with blue white and yellow flags, countries with red green white and black flags, and countries with green and white flags. We will list down countries with blue white and green flags.
Countries With Blue White and Green Flags
1. Sierra Leone
- Sierra Leone is the only country with blue, white, and green flags in the form of horizontal lines and was adopted in 1961.
- British people arrived in the country in the year 1787, when philanthropists and abolitionists acquired 52 square kilometres (20 sq mi) of land situated close to Bunce Island for freed slaves.
- The colours of the Sierra Leone flag define cultural, political, and regional meanings, where the green colour depicts the natural resources, especially agriculture and its mountains. The blue colour depicts the natural harbour of Freetown, the capital city of Sierra Leone, and also the hope of “contributing to world peace” through its usage.
- The flag looks similar to the official flag of Galápagos Province, Ecuador, and the difference is very insignificant compared to the Sierra Leone flag, which has more blue and green than that of Galápagos Province.
- The flag of Sierra Leone is also similar to the Erne flag, which is used by the ships on the Shannon-Erne Waterway in Ireland. The only difference is that the flag uses deeper shades of green and blue.
Image Source: Wikimedia